Cargill Reliability Engineer in Castelmassa, Italy
Cargill provides food, agriculture, financial and industrial products and services to the world. Together with farmers, customers, governments and communities, we help people thrive by applying our insights and over 150 years of experience. We have 150,000 employees in 70 countries who are committed to feeding the world in a responsible way, reducing environmental impact and improving the communities where we live and work.
The prime purpose of the Reliability Engineer position is to identify the pro-active maintenance
requirements for assets to increase plant productivity, maximise reliability performance in a
sustainable way and to capture all opportunities to improve processes while reducing total cost. This
will be achieved through actions to review and update the site criticality assessment, implement/
review the Equipment Reliability Strategy (ERS) programme to ensure appropriate deployment,
evaluate proactive work results, follow up with appropriate action to restore asset integrity and carry
out investigations into failures to eliminate their root causes. All opportunities to improve asset
integrity will be captured while complying with EHS and Food Safety requirements and in alignment
with Reliability Excellence practices/processes.
Main Responsibilities & Duties / Principal Activities
Plant Reliability and Stability:
- Support with reliability knowledge the execution of the asset criticality, as part of the Asset
Health Assurance Model.
- Determine the function, capability, functional failure modes, probability of failure, impact
severity and acceptable risk for assets to define the right maintenance requirements to
eliminate functional failures and their effects.
- Establish a systematic PM/PdM review process with support from the Planner to ensure the
effectiveness of the existing PM/PdM program.
- Review and contribute to SSE approved Equipment Reliability Strategies.
- Coordinate PdM efforts on site to measure and secure an upward trend of the Asset Health.
- Ensure appropriate follow up recommendations and actions from the inspection programme
- Identify and implement opportunities for improvement of Asset Health to optimise plant
- Support the work preparation process to ensure job plans are prepared that explains the
correct proactive tasks for effective work execution.
- Support maintenance tasks aligned with the reliability improvement: improvement tasks,
Inventory Management, RCA, RCM, 5Why, 5S, eMoc and Precision Maintenance skills
improvement using reliability knowledge.
- Lead, as required, the RCFA and RCM processes within Maintenance organisation using
cross – functional teams to ensure appropriate changes to the PM/ PdM programme or plant
modifications are made which improve reliability and reduce avoidable maintenance costs.
- Participate in and take relevant agreed actions for OPEX team meetings to ensure equipment
capabilities and help to develop a culture focussed on solutions.
- Keep appropriate records to track programme or equipment changes.
- Coach site personnel in the reliability work processes to ensure continued alignment to the
Asset Health Assurance model.
- Propose replacement projects based on asset health and conditions for the respective area of
- Establish cycles of improvement to ensure a sustainable reliability process.
Education or equivalent experience
- Technical school higher qualification or Bachelor’s degree in an engineering discipline
(preferably mechanical or electrical) or equivalent knowledge.
- Good knowledge of Maintenance process and activities.
- Advanced computer skills.
- Extensive knowledge of Maintenance Management System
- Minimum 5 years maintenance experience.
Specific knowledge and/or hard skills
- Working knowledge of technical English (verbal and written).
- Understanding operating context of site assets / process systems
- Have working and practical knowledge of multiple on-condition asset monitoring technologies
(Level 1 certification) to be confident in follow up recommendations.
- Conversant with and able to facilitate multiple RCFA processes.
- Conversant with FMEA and capable to facilitate RCM process
Competences & Soft Skills
- Ability to organize, coordinate and accomplish multiple tasks.
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain effective working relationships internally and
- Strong communication and organizational skills.
- Experience working with or establishing a team. Ability to be a team leader.
- Demonstrated effective systematic problem solving skills.
- Ability to develop and conduct trainings for Reliability topics.
Job Maintenance and Reliability
Primary Location Italy-34-Castelmassa
Job Type Standard
Shift Day Job
Req ID: CAS00141