Cargill Operation Manager in Haryana, India
Cargill provides food, agriculture, financial and industrial products and services to the world. Together with farmers, customers, governments and communities, we help people thrive by applying our insights and over 150 years of experience. We have 150,000 employees in 70 countries who are committed to feeding the world in a responsible way, reducing environmental impact and improving the communities where we live and work.
The responsibilities of this position are to ensure the efficiency in Import/Export handling, domestic procurement, storage and distributions of Grains and Protein Meal all around India.
This role requires the individual to lead and coordinate Port operations & Logistics, Container & Bulk Vessel handling, warehouse requirements & management, Cargo handling operations processes, Food Safety standards, EHS compliance, inventory and cost management, Liasoning with Cargo Handling Agents,Shipping Lines, Customs & Other Govt bodies, Customer service and quality management, Personnel development, Project management , and operations efficiency to the highest possible standard and meets the company's expectations. The ability to identify, develop, coach and train local talents for future leadership positions is required.
A. 30% Risk Management ( EHS & FSQR):
1. Ensure Safety has a high profile in the overall operations of the business. Commitment and leadership from this position is required in order to achieve Zero Transformation strategy and Zero SAFETY incident culture.
2. Setting EHS goals that will ensure continuous improvement with the company's safety objectives. Focusing on reducing and managing risks associated with employees, contractors, customers, products, and facilities.
3. Ensure continuous compliance with all Environment, Health & Safety, Food & Feed Safety, Process Safety Grain handling standards, Operations policies and procedures and Facility security.
4. Coordinate with contractors on work safety and compliance to company requirements.
5. Manage the EHS scorecard ie. the Safety Index performance, Zero fatality, Property damage requirements, perform monthly safety meetings, Mini H & S audits, monthly near miss reports, Environmental Management on : spills/releases, on violations/citations, on neighbour/customer complains, Food Safety management
6. Ensure that all employees are wearing their PPE and contractors/ visitors abide by Cargill’s PPE requirements and daily enforcement on EHS requirements
7. FSQR - Develop and implement stringent Food safety and Quality measures, developing appropriate controls, and work towards Zero Food safety and Quality incidents
8. Report all accidents and incident on real time basis.
9. Prepare permits when required and check on execution of permits after approval
B. 50% Operational Efficiency, Inventory Control & Management:
1. To supervise & efficiently handle the import & export, warehousing & distribution of cargo through the communication with commercial team and external parties e.g.,Cargo Handling Agents, Port Authorities, Customs, Suppliers, Customers etc.
2. Lead and implement effective inventory management program to minimize shrink, damages, prevent unplanned condition problems,meeting customer requirements and ensure ethical standards in place in line with Company's Guiding Principles.
3. Ensure shrink results are managed as per budgeted standard and goals
4. Ensure quality management through Pest Control / housekeeping program, no goods deterioration as a result of long turnover time, poor warehouse & plant condition such as leaky roofs, commingling of products, structural defects or external contamination
5. Manage warehouse & plant logistics to minimize cost and optimize efficiency
6. Supervise Truck/ dispatch, vessel discharge/ loading and coordinate with port activities to minimize handling loss & cost and optimize cost & resource efficiency
7. Ensure security from theft through proper security checks and procedures, weighbridge checks and checkweights, security guards management and checkweights and close supervision of contractors
8. Maintain and circulate daily Grain/ Cargo Inventory MIS reports
9. Coordinate with port authorities, Customs, Shipping Lines and manage vessel discharge and containerized cargo operations in line with its SOPs.
10. To monitor and ensure smooth logistics operation
11. Manage tonnes / manhour on execution and operation expense per month
12. Leverage and share best practices within the geography and across the region
C. 10% Capital Effectiveness & Reliability Excellence:
1. Assist in Feasibility study and Financial Analysis of Build Projects.
2. Operate and maintain the projects as per Cargill standards and guidelines
D. 10% Talent Management:
1. Effective deployment of Performance Management System including defining the KRA’s, development goals and regular discussions with Ops Team.
2. Talent talks implementation to determine succession plan with detail development plan for the key talents.
3. Working with the respective business function leads, develop a human resource strategy that will identify overall team strength and weaknesses and incorporate talent development processes and performance management processes to assist in building a high performance team.
4. Identify and train appropriate technical training needs for employees in EXIM Documentation, Cost Management, EHS, Shrink and inventory management, customer focus, , SOPs and food safety.
5. Conducts training with operators and contractors ( monthly & as needed)
6. Resolve conflicts and problems of employees
7. Organise and control warehouse operations through H & T
8. Control absenteeism, sick leave, annual leave and overtime
Possess good time-management skills and a team player
Strong process & procedure orientation
Strong leadership and organizational skills.
Strong communication and listening skills.
Ability to influence decision-making.
Excellent interpersonal skills.
Ability to work effectively within a team.
Proven problem-solving and decision-making skills.
Capable of delivering innovation.
Ability to travel away from home .
Flexibility to adapt to changing conditions in the business
- Graduate in Science or Agriculture or Commerce
- Minimum 3-5 yrs working experience in Grains Handling or Food products environment and Export Import Cargo Handling Process
Be able to communicate in English both verbal and written.
Highly Computer literate especially in MS Word & Excel
Knowledge/ Experience of EHS, Inventory Control & Management, Warehousing & Logistics .
Knowledge of import and export regulations in Vietnam.(Other countries is an added advantage)
Knowledge regarding vessel handling and discharge, and Containerized cargo shipments
Knowledge in Grains handling/Storage
Knowledge in cost and warehouse management
Experienced in managing contractors and huge workforce would be an added advantage
Primary Location India-Haryana
Job Type Standard
Shift Day Job
Req ID: GUR00213