Cargill Continuous Improvement Lead- London, ON in London, Ontario
Continuous Improvement Lead- London, ON
Cargill provides food, agriculture, financial and industrial products and services to the world. Together with farmers, customers, governments and communities, we help people thrive by applying our insights and over 150 years of experience. We have 150,000 employees in 70 countries who are committed to feeding the world in a responsible way, reducing environmental impact and improving the communities where we live and work.
Reporting the General Manager, Poultry the Continuous Improvement Lead is responsible for managing the portfolio of CI projects including training and execution to deliver results as well as leading the execution of Reliability and Production Excellence value streams for the facility.
30% - Lead the development of continuous improvement structure and maintain the continuation of the system
25% - Manage Continuous Improvement (LEAN – six Sigma, 5S, cause analysis, operator care, Kaizen) project portfolio working closely with the capital effectiveness and maintenance teams to ensure creativity is considered before capital.
20% - Build capabilities within the facility by assessing, scheduling and executing actions that address the training needs relating to continuous improvement, reliability and production excellence and facilitation skills
10% - Contribute subject matter expertise by coaching team members, Champions and Sponsors.
10% - Participate as an active member of the Plant Management Team with a focus on process efficiency, cost reduction, downtime reduction, Safety, food safety, animal welfare, talent development and engagement.
5% - Collaborate through the CAP community of practice for CI, participating in Corporate CI Projects, Conference calls and meetings.
- Managing complex projects in a cross-cultural global environment is desirable.
- Experience training others on continuous improvement tools and processes.
- This role requires competencies in the areas of leadership, communication, teamwork, interpersonal effectiveness, initiative and process discipline.
- Business fluency in English.
- Must be legally entitled to work for Cargill in Canada
- Education/degree specifically in operations, engineering or another related field.
- 5 plus years of proven experience leading continuous improvement efforts (lean, six Sigma, or comparable).
- Training in Lean and or 6 Sigma (Green Belt Certification).
- Business experience and understanding of Cargill is preferred.
- Working knowledge of reliability practices.
- Ability to deal with ambiguity.
Primary Location Canada-Ontario-London
Job Type Standard
Shift Day Job
Req ID: LON00509