Cargill Data Analyst in Nanjing (Nanking), China
Cargill provides food, agriculture, financial and industrial products and services to the world. Together with farmers, customers, governments and communities, we help people thrive by applying our insights and over 150 years of experience. We have 150,000 employees in 70 countries who are committed to feeding the world in a responsible way, reducing environmental impact and improving the communities where we live and work.
As a Data Analyst, you will work as part of the Data Desk/Analytics team to analyze and discover value through data and information that drives value for Cargill. Candidates will demonstrate a strong ability to gather, analyze, visualize and tell stories with Cargill’s data. The focus for this particular role will be to serve Cargill’s businesses in China and support the local language needs.
The Data Analyst will work with various Business/Functions at Cargill, D&BI Go-To-Market Leads or Data Leads to understand/define the problem statement, identify the data sources, gather structured and/or unstructured data sets and perform analytics utilizing tools such as Tableau, Power BI, Excel etc. to meet the business needs and objectives.
1. Perform Data Analysis(35%)
Lead and partner on analytics initiatives and projects by translating business questions and problems into structured analyses
Visualize and report data findings creatively in a variety of visual formats that appropriately provides insights to the organization.
Effectively communicate, written and oral presentation, of insights to multiple levels of management across business units and functional areas
Leverage strong business acumen and business domain knowledge to anticipate business inquiries
Use knowledge of analytics, statistics and modeling techniques to develop and improve sophistication of analytical solutions
Identify actionable insights, suggest recommendations and influence the direction of the business
Leverage 3rd party vendors or managed services to help in the analysis process (e.g. data acquisition, insight generation).
2. Data Gathering, Cleansing and Modeling(30%)
Gather disparate data sources to perform integrated analysis of data to answer business questions
Skills in cleansing data and data blending to make consistent and effective for analysis
Ability to model data in temporary analysis spaces to perform analysis
Ability to partner with development teams to build sustaining solutions
3. Business Partnering, Relationship Management and Consulting(30%)
Liaison with the local Business and IT Leaders in China to help identify business problems and define requirements for fulfillment with Data and BI specific solutions
Regularly interfaces with architects, analysts, process designers, and BU/Function subject matter experts to understand and evaluate business requirements.
4. Miscellaneous Duties(5%)
Education (includes formal education, certifications, accreditations, etc):
1. Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in MIS, Statistics, Decision Science or similar field.
1. 5 years of relevant professional experience in a MIS, business intelligence or analytics role
2. Experience in one or more data visualization technologies such as Tableau, Power BI, Lumira, Qlikview, Business Objects or similar.
3. Experience with analyzing data utilizing industry techniques and practices (filtering, classification) and analytics functions (over, median, rank)
4. Capable of presenting outcomes of analytic models and Iterations in a format easily understood by business
5. Consulting experience with a demonstrated ability to multi-task and apply initiative and creativity on challenging projects.
6. Work experiences across multiple lines of businesses
7. Strong presentation and data visualization skills and proven ability to create well-crafted analytical presentations
8. Experience leading integrated design validation sessions and confirming business requirements
9. Strong experience of directly working with business or stakeholders in China
10. Extremely good understanding of the Chinese market, what’s changing and strong ability to design analytical solutions to help businesses react to changes
11. Strong grasp over Mandarin and English (can fluently read, write and speak)
Technical Skills :
1. 4 years of data visualization technologies such as Tableau, Lumira, Qlikview, Microsoft BI, Business Objects or similar.
2. 2 years of experience with SQL languages
Job Information Technology
Primary Location China-32-Nanjing (Nanking)
Job Type Standard
Shift Day Job
Req ID: NAN00596