Cargill FAP Specialist in Nanjing (Nanking), China
Cargill provides food, agriculture, financial and industrial products and services to the world. Together with farmers, customers, governments and communities, we help people thrive by applying our insights and over 150 years of experience. We have 150,000 employees in 70 countries who are committed to feeding the world in a responsible way, reducing environmental impact and improving the communities where we live and work.
The Freight Audit and Payment (FAP) Specialist receives and processes freight invoices to ensure invoices are processed accurately and timely via the appropriate systems and processes. Where Cargill and the freight carrier disagree on the amount to be paid, the FAP Specialist will investigate and resolve the issue. The FAP Specialist is expected to be the contact for carriers for different modes for all questions around freight invoices.
1. Receives and validates incoming invoices for transport to meet contract and legal requirements. Collects documentation related to the transport and performs check for discrepancies.
2. Receives, analyses and accepts/rejects extra costs related to the transport. Communicates with freight carrier and business unit supply chain team members to resolve carrier requests for demurrage costs, additional charges, etc.
3. Provides scanned papers to the BU within short deadlines
1. Controls invoiced amounts versus information in the system and communicates freight invoices with the Financial Dept. of the business unit and the carriers. Identifies and analyzes discrepancies.
2. Registers the necessary data into the availabale TMS systems, inclusive but not limited to creating accruals
3. Communicates with freight carrier and finance and accounting teams to resolve issues like delayed payments.
4. Issues debit notes to a carrier
1. Perform miscellaneous duties as required
2. Keeps clear record of all received papers and archives them accordingly
Education (includes formal education, certifications, accreditations, etc):
1. Secondary level of eduction
2. Accounting and/or background is preferred
1. Minimum 2-3 years job experience in supply chain, transportation or Finance (Accounting).
2. Preferably experience in Logistics AND Finance (Accounting).
3. Knowledge of transport processes
1. Very good level of English (verbal and written)
2. Familiar with ERP systems (knowledge of SAP) is a plus
3. Good knowledge of Excel
4. Good communication skills
5. Be able to work under pressure meeting short deadlines (for 6. example one day payment terms)
7. Good cooperator
8. Able to work with flexible working time
9. Accurate and with eye for details
10. Team player
Job Transportation/Logistics and Forwarding
Primary Location China-32-Nanjing (Nanking)
Job Type Standard
Shift Day Job
Req ID: NAN00734