Cargill Senior Settlement Analyst in Singapore, Singapore
Senior Settlement Analyst
Trade and Structured Finance (TSF) complements the efforts of Cargill business units (BU) by providing financial solutions to Cargill's business partners (suppliers and buyers). TSF's experience and expertise in global financial markets aid in mitigating documentary, cross-border and credit risks associated with structured trade finance. TSF plays a key role in funding the global operations of Cargill through cross-border funding structures and management of transferability and convertibility risks. In addition to structured trade finance and internal funding, TSF also leverages Cargill's international trade flows to create trade structures that provide funding to emerging market-based financial institutions and corporations.
To handle the administration of all aspects of the Trade & Structured Finance activities in a timely and accurate manner. Ensure compliance to the TSF guidelines and procedures. Responsibilities also include developing thorough knowledge of transaction structures and related documentation, legal and tax implications, settlements, funding, delivery of assets, and working with other local and regional offices to ensure that appropriate Cargill controls are included in settlement process. After one year, the candidate is expected to assume a Team Lead role, responsible for overseeing the Transaction Management team in its daily trade execution and settlement activities. This includes providing guidance, managing daily prioritizations, identifying training gaps, monitoring and managing all execution aspects of trade finance transactions to ensure quality service is provided to TSF customers, resovling issues, timely and accurate settlement while maintaining high level of internal and external regulatory compliance.
60% - Trades settlement
- Execution of all TSF trades in adherence to the TSF Standard Operating Procedures/Guidelines. Ensure work processes and procedures are in compliance with Cargill and TSF policies.
- Manage all aspects of trade settlement. Preparation and execution of all documents arising from TSF activity based on approved templates (trade confirmations, financing agreements, LC formats, etc.); Coordination with counter-parties and internally on issuance of instruments (letters of credit, stand-by LC, guarantees) and on timing of funding;
- Input/processing of deals in the trade capture system;
- Second review and verification of trades (system input, documentation, approvals) & cash payments (amounts, value dates, bank details)
- Liaise with other functional groups including traders, trade execution teams, accounting and treasury to resolve execution issues and provide assistance where necessary.
- Assist in transaction file reviews within defined timelines.
- After one year in the position, supervise / prioritize daily activities performed by the TM team: Monitor the status of transactions. Ensure procedures and processes for effective monitoring and control throughout the entire life cycle of transactions are in place. Make appropriate adjustments to control processes as required.
25% - Develop a thorough understanding of relevant TSF structures through PAF reviews including the key risks and controls associated with each structure, and relevant tax & legal implications. Ensure complete understanding of transaction specifics, including data integrity, documentation, and settlement processes as well as the attributes of the relevant market and geography. Assist other team members in obtaining a deeper understanding of structures and processes through informal, on-the-job training opportunities.
15% - Facilitate innovation and work process improvements through idea generation and applying of business knowledge . Champion and/or participate in global projects where appropriate.
Education, Experience, Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration/Finance/Accounting/Economics plus 6 - 8 years of relevant business experience.
- Understanding of trade finance business.
- Strong people/teamwork skills, yet able to work independently.
- Proven ability to take initiative to independently analyze and solve complex problems.
- Demonstrated knowledge of internal control structure & compliance.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Good written and spoken Chinese language.
- Strong attention to detail, and thoroughness and accuracy in work.
- Good organizational skills with ability to perform well under pressure and manage multiple priorities.
- Ability to adapt positively to an ever-changing environment.
- Ability to work flexible hours in support of global counterparties and global TSF team.
- Familiarity with Mircosoft office applications.
Experience in supervising a team.
Exposure to forwarding operations of Commodity Trading company.
Exposure to commodity finance and documentations.
Familiar with ICC publications and use of various types of instruments including LCs, Bills of Exchange, SBLCs, BGs, etc.
Experience in loan administration in a financial institution.
Note:- Only Shortlisted candidate will be contacted.
Job Financial Markets
Primary Location Singapore-Singapore-Singapore
Job Type Standard
Shift Day Job
Req ID: SIN01330