Cargill Trade Accounting Internship (6 months) in Singapore, Singapore
Trade Accounting Internship (6 months)
Cargill provides food, agriculture, financial and industrial products and services to the world. Together with farmers, customers, governments and communities, we help people thrive by applying our insights and over 150 years of experience. We have 150,000 employees in 70 countries who are committed to feeding the world in a responsible way, reducing environmental impact and improving the communities where we live and work.
To provide support for the agriculture commodity business Singapore finance team.
1. Update daily commodity market performance and movement that affects trading positions.
2. Monitoring, reviewing and reconciling daily trades performed by trading team in Singapore to ensure trade flows are within limits.
3. Assist Business Unit Accountants with weekly mark to market report for P/L and month end financial close.
4. Update transfer pricing database by comparing traded prices for intercompany flows to market prices benchmarks and flag out any deviation over 10% as compliance risks to the control team.
5. Work closely with various teams (traders, trade execution team, contract desk and coporate accounting team) to gain strong understanding of underlying market and operationg risks associated with P/L.
6. Assist in ad-hoc requests requested by management.
Meticulous, thorough and hands-on. Proactive to ask questions when in doubt.
Education, Experience, Skills
Meticulous, thorough and hands-on. Proactive to ask questions when in doubt..
Excellent attention to detail.
Able to work as part of a team.
Able to cope with large transaction volumes.
Have great initiative and be able to think independently and pre-emptively.
Self-driven with strong passion to learn.
Able to prioritize and manage multiple workloads and work with tight timelines.
Good proficiency in Microsoft Excel. Macros and VBA skills preferred.
2nd year/3rd year University undergraduates – preferably in a finance / business administrative discipline.
Good verbal and written communication skills,
Able to communicate effectively in a professional environment.
Note :- Only shortlisted candidate will be contacted.
Primary Location Singapore-Singapore-Singapore
Job Type Standard
Shift Day Job
Req ID: SIN01352