Cargill Hatchery Technician - Egg Process in Sto Tomas, Philippines
Hatchery Technician - Egg Process
Cargill provides food, agriculture, financial and industrial products and services to the world. Together with farmers, customers, governments and communities, we help people thrive by applying our insights and over 150 years of experience. We have 150,000 employees in 70 countries who are committed to feeding the world in a responsible way, reducing environmental impact and improving the communities where we live and work.
1. To coordinate with the Breeder Production Specialist the timely delivery of Hatching Eggs for planned setting.
2. To coordinate with the Toll Hatchery Supervisor if the following hatchery egg processes set standard of procedures are being followed;
- Monitoring and recording of actual Delivery Van’s temperature prior to unloading of hatching eggs.
- Checking the completeness of delivery van’s documents (DR, Permits).
- Checking the proper handling of eggs during unloading and receiving to minimize egg breakages.
- Checking of actual sorting of eggs as per established standards to maximize HE recovery .
- Checking of actual room (sorting/storage) temperatures and pressure based on the recommended temperature set point.
- Checking if FIFO and grouping of eggs per flock age is properly implemented for machine assignment.
- Checking if egg disinfectant is properly administered as per recommended strength.
- Ensuring regular communication with HQC-Chick Process the desired time of chick pull-out for timely egg setting.
- Checking of recorded and actual Plenum Room temperature and pressure based on the recommended temperature set point.
- Monitoring of incubator machines operation on hourly basis if stablished set point (temperature, humidity, turning) are attained/maintained at all times.
- Checking if proper cleaning and disinfection of egg room, machine plenum room, and incubator machines are done properly.
- Ensures the proper handling of Incubated Eggs during transfer if it’s being followed to minimized egg breakages.
- Ensures the correctness of record of eggs banger (rotten) during incubated egg transfer.
- Checking if proper cleaning and disinfection of egg trays, egg flats, setter buggies, transfer paraphernalia’s are done properly.
3. To coordinate with HT-Chick Process Technician other matters that need immediate action to
further improvement chick quality and maximized chick out-put.
4. Ensures timely submission of Hatchery weekly data’s for proper analysis and corrective action if may need.
5. To undergo training and other hatchery related assignment for improvements.
6. Attend weekly Report with the Hatchery Supervisor.
Primary Location Philippines-40-Sto Tomas
Job Type Standard
Shift Day Job
Req ID: STO00265