Cargill FSQR Manager in Tianjin, China
Cargill provides food, agriculture, financial and industrial products and services to the world. Together with farmers, customers, governments and communities, we help people thrive by applying our insights and over 150 years of experience. We have 150,000 employees in 70 countries who are committed to feeding the world in a responsible way, reducing environmental impact and improving the communities where we live and work.
Responsible for the planning, development and maintenance of all FSQR systems in Tianjin plant (both refinery and lecithin production), including: developing and implementing FSQR policies, continuous improvement of FSQR processes and systems, shaping the location’s food safety culture and leading talent management practices. Key member of the location leadership team.
This position has responsibility for a medium complexity and high risk Location
1. Ensure compliance of regulations/policies – ultimate accountability for all FSQR compliance across the Refinery and Lecithin facilities, analyze, review, interpret FSQR policies, regulations, implements predefined customer and supplier standards, monitor regulatory activities, ensures plant compliance, act as liason with regulatory authorities at local level. Ensure the personnel safety altrough the Dept. as a Dept. head.
2. Perform prevention activities and issue resolution – act as customer interface, manage FSQR audits, respond to customer questions/complaints, proactively identify risks, take action to prevent FSQR issues across location
3. Develop, implement and assess process/systems – plans and directs all FSQR programs and management of change, implements product specification systems, drives continuous improvement, provides input to location leaders related to base/non-base capital needs to maintain food safety leadership position in one or more locations
4. Shape food safety, quality and regulatory culture/reputation - interface with manager/directors within BU and represent FSQR as part of location management team, act as liason between customer and operations to ensure standard/expectations are met, build and develop effective engaged FSQR workforce, lead implementation of BU FSQR strategy/tactical plans
5. People/resource/budget management – lead talent management of employees in Tianjin FSQR organization, accountable for selection, training, development performance management and engagement for Tianjin FSQR team, develop/implement short range (tactical) FSQR plans in alignment with BU and local plans, actively participates in development of FSQR intiatives and budgets, sets accurate and challenging budgets, key member of location leadership team
Bachelor’s degree in Food Science, Biological Sciences or related field preferred.
Minimum 5 years experience in FSQR management.
Capable to provide leadership/motivation to engage employees in the business.
Skills (applied knowledge and technical skills directly related to this position)
Intermediate Project Management - Applies intermediate structured, disciplined approach to planning, administering and completing projects
Intermediate Plant Manufacturing Knowledge - intermediate practical knowledge of manufacturing processes & operations
Intermediate HAACP Knowledge/Implementation - Applies HAACP to identify & control food safety hazards
Intermediate Managing & Improving FSQR - Delivers intermediate processing that are aligned, effective & optimize Cargill resources
Intermediate Training - Delivers intermediate learning solutions that engage leaners and provides desired outcomes
Intermediate Customer Specifications Management - Interfaces effectively with customers; ensures products meet
Intermediate Knowledge of Cargill Policies & Standards - Applies CFSRA policy & standards to enhance food safety & quality
Basic BusinessAcumen - Applies basic business acumen to partner effectively with business counterparts
Basic Scientific Knowledge - Applies basic scientific knowledge & principles to identify & manage risk
Basic Auditing/Compliance - Applies basic auditing and quality compliance skills to identify and manage risks/compliance.
Basic Supplier Quality Assurance - Identifies & addresses basic supplier quality issues
Basic External Partnering - Builds basic relationships & negotiates effectively with external groups
Basic Product Information /Documentation: Prepares product information and documentation that meet regulatory compliance requirements.
Basic Knowledge of Food Laws & Regulations - Stays up-to-date and ensures compliance with food laws and regulations.
Basic Risk Assessment - Conducts and communicates the results of a scientific evaluation of the known or potential adverse health effects resulting from human or animal exposure to food borne hazards.
Basic Knowledge of Quality Standards & Quality Tools - Applies knowledge of quality standards and tools to enhance food safety and quality
Basic computer skills: Microsoft Office software (MS Word, Access, PowerPoint, Excel).
Job Quality Assurance/Food Safety
Primary Location China-Tianjin
Job Type Standard
Shift Day Job
Req ID: TIA00013