Cargill Risk and Security Analyst in Bangalore, India
Risk and Security Analyst
Cargill provides food, agriculture, financial and industrial products and services to the world. Together with farmers, customers, governments and communities, we help people thrive by applying our insights and over 150 years of experience. We have 150,000 employees in 70 countries who are committed to feeding the world in a responsible way, reducing environmental impact and improving the communities where we live and work.
A Pivotal role in the SOC center in Bangalore.
An individual contributor role, responsible for providing solutions and remedy to incidents of high importance.
Support implementation of SOC processes and perform periodic check for compliance
Handle Incident Escalations from SOC L1
- Recognizes successful / potential intrusions and compromises through review and analysis of relevant event detail information.
- Launch and track investigations to resolution. Recognizes attacks based on their signatures. – Differentiates false positives from true intrusion attempts.
- Alerts concerned stakeholders of intrusions and potential intrusions and compromises to their IT environment.
- Knowledge base update to effectively communicate information internally and to customers
- Educate SOC L1 to enable them handling similar incidents in future.
- Oversee threat and advisory service to publish latest security vulnerabilities & threats, advisories, and incidents
Conduct periodic Vulnerability Assessment and Reporting
Collaborates with the Cyber Security Incident Response Team on new platform functionality
Collaborates with Cargill’s Technology Governance, Risks, and Controls organization to integrate further datasets
- Bachelor’s/Master’s degree in Information Technology with 3-6 years of experience.
We are looking for someone who is robust, technically qualified & has experience handling SIEM alerts.
The role demands someone who is passionate about security.
If you are having the above qualities in addition to being innovative and eager to learn & try new ideas, this is the place for you.
- At least 2 years in handling complex Security Alerts , Correlation of events from multiple environments.
- Experience working with SIEM technologies such as Log Rhythm
- Broader understanding of
o All Operating Systems, Virtualization technologies, Network Devices, Cloud computing concepts, Web Proxies, Firewalls, Intrusion Detection/Prevention Systems, Antivirus Systems, Data Loss Prevention, Vulnerability Assessment tools
o SIEM tools functionality and logic behind creating rules and filters, integrating with different solution e.g. AV software, IDS, IPS etc...
o Solid understanding of network protocols including TCP/IP, UDP, DHCP, FTP, SFTP, ATM, SNMP, SMTP, SSH, SSL, VPN, RDP, HTTP and HTTPS.
- Understanding of various cyber-attacks and recent hacking techniques
- Use vulnerability assessment data to pinpoint potential points of attack.
- Experience in the containment and remediation of active Security Incidents
- Experience in basic malware analysis
- Able to document and present after action reports to management
- Understanding of Organization Security Architecture, ISMS Processes - ISO 27000 Standards
- Exceptional information analysis abilities; ability to perform independent analysis and distill relevant findings and root cause.
- Strong people Management and decision-making skills.
- Strong oral and writing skills to articulate complex ideas clearly and effectively; experience creating and presenting documentation and management reports.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks, priorities, and operational assignments in a high pressure environment.
GIAC Certified Intrusion Analyst
Certifications in Splunk Security app / HP Arcsight / IBM Qradar or other SIEMs
CompTIA Security , Cisco Certified Security Professional/Associate, CEH,
Job Information Technology
Primary Location India-KA-Bangalore
Job Type Standard
Shift Day Job
Req ID: BAN02687