Cargill Senior Solution Analyst in Bangalore, India
Senior Solution Analyst
Cargill provides food, agriculture, financial and industrial products and services to the world. Together with farmers, customers, governments and communities, we help people thrive by applying our insights and over 150 years of experience. We have 150,000 employees in 70 countries who are committed to feeding the world in a responsible way, reducing environmental impact and improving the communities where we live and work.
Senior Solution Analyst will work closely with business partners and the regional functional teams to deliver process, data, and technology solutions.
This position is expected to be advanced professionals in the systems & process design and implementation space and have experience on low, medium and high rigor IT projects.
This job requires an experienced analyst who can partner effectively with all levels of the organization, lead others, drive results, proactively identify and resolve problems, and make challenging decisions.
This position is expected to follow the Cargill Project Delivery Process and requirements Analysis and Solution Design process framework.
• Solution Design
- Create solution designs across process, data, and technology that meet business requirements and adhere to relevant standards and principles, leverage common tools and processes, and meet cost/delivery objectives
- Perform reviews with key stakeholders throughout the design lifecycle to ensure alignment on solution designs and requirements. This may include but is not limited to the following activities: design reviews, testing execution, deployment verifications, customer satisfaction reviews, etc.
- Create supporting solution design documentation to ensure sustainment of the solution and business capability, support solution implementation as necessary
- Identify issues relating to missing or misinterpreted business requirements, so that corrective actions can be developed and applied accordingly
- Advocate quality of solutions that meet or exceed defined business requirements
- Guide solution options and business partner decision making to minimize the amount of project investment divergence from target architecture.
• Analysis & Requirements Gathering
- Assess Business Unit/Function needs, clearly eliciting, translating, and documenting business, functional and non-functional requirements
- Facilitate requirements discussions with key stakeholders
- Communicate and clarify the requirements to the design and development resources
- Collaborate with the key project SMEs and stakeholders to define project requirements and change requests
- Analyze and interpret data and information to guide process and solution decisions
- Plan for acceptance of solution (change management, communication, training needs)
- Assist in translating business requirements into functional design specifications
- Relationship and People Management
- Lead and manage team members and their work deliverables.
- Create and maintain long-term working relationships with technology teams, functional counterparts, vendors and business partners
- Engage and influence business sponsors and users and contribute to their targeted business outcomes
- Engage and influence developers to ensure productivity and solution quality
- Act as a coordinator to ensure infrastructure requirements are implemented
- Champion collaboration and enable delivery in team environment
- Other Project Delivery Responsibilities (may include some or all of the following)
- Manage workload and priorities to deliver agreed upon project milestones
- Provides input to staffing plans at the project-level to identify key / required skills
- Lead and mentor less experienced staff
- Holds project team resources accountable to their deliverables and ensures project execution
- Prepare high and detailed level estimations of effort in order to achieve a preferred solution
- Prepare and execute test plans
- Prepare and execute training of users and operations teams
- Provide guidance and architectural oversight during requirements, design, build, and test phases
- Work across architecture domains to identify and resolve issues and manage inter-dependencies between integration points
- Assist in the selection of employees and provide input on future workforce needs
- Provide subject matter expertise in one or more system or application.
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience. Advanced education is helpful.
8 or more years successfully working as a Solution analyst or related experience on medium to large scale projects.
8 years of SAP Design, Implementation and Support experience in SAP SD Pricing , SAP Contracts/ Trading Contracts, Basics of trading, SAP IS OIL _TSW (working knowledge of Nomination/Ticketing) will be preferred
Proven record of interacting with the functional teams
Knowledge of and experience working within a business analysis capacity on large and complex projects
Strong written and verbal communication skills, ability to communicate technical and business information effectively to both technical and non-technical people.
Proven conflict resolution skills
Ability to understand the business, work across business units, be a team player and enjoy working in a team-oriented environment.
Experienced working with ambiguity
Strong problem solving/decision-making skills.
Experience leading and influencing others, including senior level personnel
Established skills in identifying and developing strategies to address change management issues.
Project demands may from time to time require work during non-standard business hours. An example would be during a system implementation at a plant which can only happen during scheduled downtime
8 years of SAP Design, Implementation and Support experience in SAP SD Pricing , SAP Contracts/ Trading Contracts
Ability to travel up to 40%, domestic and/or international
Job Information Technology
Primary Location India-KA-Bangalore
Job Type Standard
Shift Day Job
Req ID: BAN02822