Cargill EHS Country Lead - CAN Thailand in Bangkok, Thailand
EHS Country Lead - CAN Thailand
Cargill provides food, agriculture, financial and industrial products and services to the world. Together with farmers, customers, governments and communities, we help people thrive by applying our insights and over 150 years of experience. We have 150,000 employees in 70 countries who are committed to feeding the world in a responsible way, reducing environmental impact and improving the communities where we live and work.
Position Purpose & Summary:
This position is responsible for applying broad and in-depth knowledge of Environment, Health and Safety practices and standards across CAN Thailand (CFN, CPN and CQN) facilities. Provides leadership and direction in the following areas of focus e.g. development and implementation of EHS strategy, maintenance and continuous improvement of EHS results, shaping of the internal EHS culture, management of the external EHS brand and leadership of talent management practices. Provide support to CAN Thailand leadership team on ZERO harm culture building across the business, Lead and support CAN Thailand’s Commercial safety programs and activities e.g. farm safety, and vehicle safety campaigns. And being a key member of the CAN Thailand and BOSC Leadership Team.
- Develop and implement BU EHS strategy and continuously improve EHS leading performance and compliance of all three CAN BUs in Thailand.
- Leads efforts to achieve internal approval, support and understanding of the business EHS strategy and leads development of programs and processes to execute corporate and business EHS strategy in a manner appropriate to the technology, scope and maturity of the business.
- Networks with internal and external organizations to identify best practices of others that can be applied effectively to help in support of EHS strategy implementation.
- Collaborates with internal partners to execute elements of the EHS strategy in processes, programs and work of others, as appropriate to enable EHS and support partner goals.
- Shapes internal EHS culture and safety norms with CAN Thailand leadership.
- Operations and Commercial Salesforce.
- Builds effective working relationships with key leaders in the business and across Cargill or CAN businesses to obtain and sustain a strong EHS culture.
- Develops, directs and oversees implementation of recognition programs to acknowledge positive behavior and celebrates and communicates EHS related successes in the business.
- People and EHS resource management to strengthen expertise that matches the needs of the organization.
- Leads efforts across the CAN Business units in Thailand to ensure that EHS talent is in place to address immediate and medium-term needs of the business.
- Participates in the recruitment and selection of EHS talent for the locations and provides strategic and tactical functional leadership and coaching across the businesses.
- Guides the MLT on specific customer and community concerns related to EHS topics across the business.
- Equips the MLT with the information and tools they need to accurately represent Cargill on EHS topics.
- Manages EHS brand and provides leadership in the business to meet/exceed the expectations of communities, customers and NGO’s.
- Leads engagement on EHS topics with external stakeholders in relevant industries.
- Identifies meaningful business/industry specific measures and enterprise measures to be tracked for the business.
- Implements systems to ensure performance metrics are accurately measured and reported in accordance with corporate and business EHS standards.
Education, Experience, Skills:
Bachelor degree or higher in Safety or Environment, with additional certification in Industrial safety or Occupational health or Environmental Engineering from a reputed and approved institution.
Min 10 year experience in EHS professional, and plays some key leadership role more than 3 years in external relevant industry organizations.
At least 3 year of supervisory experience & proven leadership experience.
Adequate knowledge on accident prevention tools e.g. human errors prevention, or behavior bases safety.
Effective communication skills, written & verbal, in Thai and English language. Demonstrated ability to be a compelling and authentic communicator with all levels of the organization.
Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel.
Demonstrated expertise in multi-tasking, handling projects and meeting deadlines in dynamic environment.
Proven ability to produce results through leadership, and develop trust and respect with all employees.
Experience building a culture of teamwork, collaboration and accountability and can demonstrate the ability to empower and develop employees.
Team player, excellent planning, organizational skills, able to hold concerned people accountable in areas of safety and provide joint construction and safety solutions.
Strong integrity and moral principles aligned with Cargill's Guiding Principles.
Strong decision making and problem-solving skills to achieve a win-win solution.
Experience in a food or feed manufacturing environment
Understanding the dynamic diversity of culture, customs and expectations in South East Asia.
Other relevant information to the position:
Development opportunities are ample with opportunities to lead the BU EHS team in the region e.g. CFN Southeast Asia or CQN Asia South, and/or move laterally into other Enterprises within the Corporation or even migrate into Corporate EHS . Through EHS reviews, the individual will develop himself further and gain knowledge into different businesses.
He/She can adopt best practices from market place and promote proactive safety culture by identifying areas for improvement to the BOSC team, provide suitable guidance to Management team from time to time, and provide consultation on technical issues e.g. EHS integration during plant construction, design, acquisition, and Management of change (MOC) etc to the EHS families in the country and also the Southeast Asia region.
Job Safety/Environmental Health
Primary Location Thailand-Bangkok
Job Type Standard
Shift Day Job
Req ID: BAN03057