Cargill Seasonal Elevator Operator in Cheyenne Wells, Colorado
Seasonal Elevator Operator
Cargill provides food, agriculture, financial and industrial products and services to the world. Together with farmers, customers, governments and communities, we help people thrive by applying our insights and over 150 years of experience. We have 150,000 employees in 70 countries who are committed to feeding the world in a responsible way, reducing environmental impact and improving the communities where we live and work.
These seasonal positions are located in Cheyenne Wells, Colorado. Relocation assistance is not provided.
Cargill, together with farmers, customers, governments and communities, help people thrive by applying our insights and over 150 years of experience. At Cargill we have a culture of safety, our goal is to return everyone safely back to their loved ones - every day. We operate some of the most technologically advanced plants in the world, but they can't run by themselves - we depend on creative, responsible, hard working individuals like you.
As an Elevator Operator, you will:
- Operate safely within Cargill policy, procedures, and governmental regulations and fully participate in Cargill Safety
programs (BBSP, SafeStart etc.)
- Perform critical operations to keep facility running: Loading/Unloading trucks and railcars. Other grain handling including,
filling /reclaiming of ground piles, transferring, blending etc.
- Provide a high level of customer service by displaying courteous, helpful, knowledgeable interaction and behaviors.
- Maintain the general appearance of the facility to include elevators, grounds, buildings, etc.
- Monitor equipment to ensure it's in good working order, participate in the overall maintenance of the facility and
equipment - notify management of any necessary repairs or possible equipment concerns.
- Be an involved/engaged member of a team and be willing to act and think independently.
Right to work in the U.S. that is not based solely on possession of a student visa or a visa sponsored by a third-party employer.
Cargill requires that employees be a minimum of 18 years old
Must be able to perform physical job duties including bending/stooping, climbing ladders, open/close valves, shoveling and work in confined spaces.
Ability to lift a minimum of 50 pounds.
Must be able to work under special work conditions, such as extreme heat or cold.
Able to read/write English.
Ability to work overtime
Ability to work holidays, nights, weekends or different shifts.
Able to operate heavy equipment
High School diploma or Equivalent
Basic computer skills
Prior experience in production related work.
Able to perform pounding with hammer
Ability to work in elevated areas.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including Disability/Vet.
Primary Location US-CO-Cheyenne Wells
Req ID: CHE00057