Cargill Hygienist – Quality Assurance in Davangere, India
Hygienist – Quality Assurance
Cargill provides food, agriculture, financial and industrial products and services to the world. Together with farmers, customers, governments and communities, we help people thrive by applying our insights and over 150 years of experience. We have 150,000 employees in 70 countries who are committed to feeding the world in a responsible way, reducing environmental impact and improving the communities where we live and work.
This position provides in-depth management of specific segments of our quality management systems, such as food safety, microbiology, hygiene, zoning, instrumentation, data management systems, or product line specific knowledge. The position provides enterprise expertise in various areas of technical expertise and works with Process Managers and Quality Managers on long term planning, project selection, team organization, and provides leadership and training for others in their area of expertise
A. Daily activities - 50%
Ensuring Process basic, medium and high care hygiene – microbiological level maintenance and process feedback with improvements.
1. Oversee the work of hygienic cleaner, manage schedule and daily planning at the IF maltodextrin facility, maintain floor wise, shift wise and cleaner wise records of each surface, monitor and review conditions of all cleaning tools,
2. Shift to shift exchange and smooth transition.
3. Review provided feedback and daily EMP results and line from microbiology team and take actions accordingly
rotational basis evaluation of cleaner’s performance and efficiency-
4. Daily maltodextrin hygiene walk through audit carried out.
Maltodextrin related activitites :
1. Respective shift random EMP sampling and provide support as required in non-routine, trigger, investigation sampling, customer audit corrective actions. FP sampling hand over to microbiology team.
2. Review provided feedback and daily EMP results and line from microbiology team and take actions accordingly
3. Air pressure, people hygiene, on the job training for hygiene, ATP swabs, sanitation verification of system records, sterile air system, limit doors, interlocks, pest entrance, personel hygiene system checks – sinks, cross over, gown count, soap, towel, hand sanitizers usage and training on the spot.
4. Participate in pest control review and checks inside high care, medium care and provide feedback on micro and pest control needs.
B. Daily report & records – 45%
Report to Process manager/FSQR manager/ Microbiologist supervisor: Daily checks of man material and machine movements –
1. Food safety : CCP, PRP and OPRP and other FS (physcial, chemical and micro) records reviewing, equipment checks inside this facility.
2. Cleaning crew, work records, cleaning sampling points – location checks, training evaluation checks, retraining records
3. Site internal cleaning audits with needed evidence pictures,trackers, samples along with corrective actions and close out.
4. Cleaning tools – status, cleaning of cleaning tools, usage records, rotation of disinfection,disinfections records of controlled wet cleaning, leaks- wet cleaning, disinfections make up records with cleaner crew.
5. Clear communications, addition support to microbiologist supervisor on continual improvements to process systems,
6. Finished product storage areas and movement of this product as per defined microbiological and other FS, quality related parameters Support in developing hygiene control procedures of the various production circuits (according to HACCP) and train staff about them.
7. Ensure incoming raw materials are free of hygiene related issues – packaging bags, pallets, forklifts, gowns, tools, maintenance tools etc..
8. Participate in department or commercial collaboration related internal and external audits. Support with relevant corrective actions.
9. Miscellaneous hygiene related duties – 5 %
10. Complies to all Cargill Food safety manual, policies, and any applicable national regulations and customer requirements
Degree in a science field and/or a minimum 2 years of experience in a related background – microbiology/hygiene/Food safety.
Knowledge of Food safety Management systems and plant processes.
Demonstrates verbal and written communication.
High levels of organization, communication, and documentation skills required to be successful.
Ability to speak candidly and provide constructive feedback
Knowledge in Food Safety/ HACCP/FSSC 22000
Prior task assignment, planning and execution experience,and audit experience.
Infant grade product hygiene level and related process - microbiology impact and systems,
Ability to solve problems in a timely fashion.
Strong written and verbal communication skills – English/Kannada/Hindi, MS word, Powerpoint and MS Excel skills.
Consistent high level of performance and ability to meet deadlines.
Demonstrated leadership skills including courage, conviction, and ethics & integrity.
Ability to reach consensus and maintain standards with teams having different and sometimes competing priorities
Job Quality Assurance/Food Safety
Primary Location India-KA-Davangere
Job Type Standard
Shift Day Job
Req ID: DAV00139