Cargill Sales Supervisor in Roanoke, Virginia
Cargill provides food, agriculture, financial and industrial products and services to the world. Together with farmers, customers, governments and communities, we help people thrive by applying our insights and over 150 years of experience. We have 150,000 employees in 70 countries who are committed to feeding the world in a responsible way, reducing environmental impact and improving the communities where we live and work.
CFN Dairy Sales Manager is accountable for leading a sales team across a specific geography to develop and engage customers and grow our market share. Responsibilities include recruiting, hiring, training, supervising, coaching, retaining and, when necessary, terminating sales consultants. Sales Managers are responsible for business growth - volume and profit. Leadership with a plant manager to lead a location accountability team. To be considered for this position, candidates must possess talent and experience in leadership, management, marketing, selling, and interpersonal skills consistent with leading a high performance sales team while understanding and utilizing financial data to meet business objectives.
55% - Coaching, training, supporting, and evaluating efforts of sales consultants in execution of the sales and marketing plan and conducting sales meetings, training sessions, telephone consultations, and performance reviews.
15% - Working on projects as part of a local and US business leadership team.
10% - Recruiting and networking with industry organizations and individuals (both within and outside the animal nutrition industry) to source and hire talented, qualified sales consultant candidates.
10% - Margin management (pricing), product positioning, promotions and other administrative duties.
5% - Developing a marketing plan that is in sync with the business’ plan and capabilities.
5% - Personal learning and development activities.
- B.S. in Agriculture or relevant experience considered in lieu of degree
- 3 years sales or sales management
- Demonstrated expertise in marketing and sales with a track record of being able to grow business.
- Demonstrated ability to coach, train, and develop others
- Must be able to travel weekly, travel 50% of the time
- Strong commitment to customer excellence and needs
- Demonstrated ability to seek and utilize resources both from their employer and others.
- Demonstrated ability to grow a sustainable business.
- Demonstrated ability to manage financial elements of the business, including budgets, product margins and credit risk.
- Demonstrated ability to recruit, select and hire others.
- Demonstrated ability to supervise others.
- Knowledge of animal feeding and management practices.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including Disability/Vet.
Primary Location US-VA-Roanoke
Job Type Standard
Shift Day Job
Req ID: ROA00006