Cargill Plant Project Manager in Saint Clair, Michigan
Plant Project Manager
Cargill provides food, agriculture, financial and industrial products and services to the world. Together with farmers, customers, governments and communities, we help people thrive by applying our insights and over 150 years of experience. We have 150,000 employees in 70 countries who are committed to feeding the world in a responsible way, reducing environmental impact and improving the communities where we live and work.
Provide technical support and direction to all Salt manufacturing areas including evaporation, production and packaging operations through short & long term needs planning, capital & expense budgeting and assistance in problem resolution. Provide design, estimating, bidding, construction and completion of capital and expense projects. Increase operational & maintenance efficiencies through the use of various studies, continuous improvement tools and expert knowledge.
50% - Capital and expense project execution – Projects completed in a timely manner, within budget and perform at or above expectations per Cargill’s Project Delivery Process and applicable standards. Capital and expense projects including: New equipment selection and purchase, replacing outdated components or hardware, infrastructure control upgrades, power distribution upgrades, structural evaluations and replacements, process improvements, material and energy balance, support of business Production Excellence efforts, and assisting with long range project planning.
20% - Short and long term planning – Accurate short and long term plans are developed and communicated. These plans should anticipate roadblocks, financial requirements and personnel needs. Planning projects to include:
- Planning around structural evaluation and replacement schedule of infrastructure in the plant.
- Conduct studies on power needs and usage, efficiencies and potential efficiency improments to conserve energy consumption
- Involved in equipment selection, upgrades or rebuilds/replacement.
- Environmental permitting requirements as related to projects
- Well permitting and water management including SPDES, SPCC, BMP, and other applicable environmental requirements as related to projects.
- Safe and effective project managements including OSHA compliance and contractor management
- Short range (5 year) and long range (>10 year) Capital planning, Well planning and reserve validation.
15% - Technical support – Provide technical support to the operation in the engineer’s area of expertise in order to minimize potential downtime, improve safety, solve problems and help ensure effective decisions are made.
15% - Continuous Improvement – Stay current in area of expertise in order to promote new technologies. Utilize continuous improvement tools to reduce costs and increase efficiencies.
-Ability to work in a Production environment, in ambient temperature, at heights of 100’, and to lift 50 pounds.
-May include up to 15% travel at times.
- B.S. in Engineering – preferably in Mechanical, Chemical, or Electrical, or related Engineering field, with 3 years or more experience leading the development and execution of projects OR In liew of degree 5 years experience leading the development and execution of projects.
Experience with OSHA regulations.
Experience in industrial project management including on-site construction management
Design, repair, and troubleshooting of high voltage (480V) equipment/systems, PLC, communication, and control systems.
Maintenance reliability knowledge
Mechanical drafting (ACAD/Solid works)
Structural design and troubleshooting
Process engineering and design
Evaporation process design or management experience
Packaging equipment design or management experience
Well drilling experience.
Continuous Improvement background (e.g. Lean/Six Sigma)
Must have sound judgment, good communication skills and the ability to work with peers and subordinates
Equal Opportunity Employer, including Disability/Vet.
Primary Location US-MI-Saint Clair
Job Type Standard
Shift Day Job
Req ID: SAI00534