Cargill TSF Intern in Shanghai, China
To assist in the administration of all aspects of Trade & Structured Finance activities carried out in China office. Ensure compliance to TSF guidelines and procedures. This includes developing knowledge of transaction structure, legal and tax implications (local geography), coordinating documentation with internal and external parties, settlement, funding, working with other TSF offices, local business units and management to ensure that appropriate Cargill controls are followed.
(1) Daily Execution---70%
Gain knowledge of the Trade Finance business, including export/import transactions, trading of money market instruments, special trade and funding structures, etc.
Preparation and execution of documents related to TSF activities based on approved templates.
With guidance from TSF Singapore & China team, execute TSF trades in adherence to the TSF Standard Operating Guidelines. Handle trade settlements with counterparties.
Close communication with TSF colleagues cross-border to solve execution issues.
Verification of completeness and authenticity of trade finance instruments.
Maintainance of positions in the inventory system. Regular review of positions to ensure accuracy of inventory records.
Liaise with other functional groups including traders, TEs, accounting and treasury to resolve any problems and provide assistance where necessary.
Ensure that work processes and procedures are in compliance with Cargill and RMFS policies and standards
Travel to different locations as required by business, for delivery and execution of trade documents, registration documents per government requirements.
Maintenance and ongoing update of corporate information (eg. bank account opening, update of authorised signatories etc.) with bank counterparties.
Maintenance of transaction files and trade records.
Participate in special projects as and when required.
(2) Training and Learning---20%
- Through on-the-job training, discussions with colleagues and self learning, develop a thorough understanding of relevant TSF structures including the key risks and controls associated with each structure, and relevant tax & legal implications. Ensure complete understanding of transaction specifics, including data integrity, documentation, and settlement processes as well as applicable local market practices and regulatory compliance / reporting requirements.
(3) Innovation and wrok process improvements initiatives---10%
- Facilitate innovation and work process improvements through idea generation and applying of business knowledge. Champion and/or participate in global projects where appropriate.
- University degree in banking/finance/accounting or commensurate experience
Fresh graduate or 1 year working experience in MNCs or Banks
Some experience in Trade Finance (including L/C Documentation, presentation, and trade/documentation) preferred
Good PC skills
Good written and spoken English
Good Communication skills
Ability to work under supervision by seniors
Demonstrated Team player
Good organizational skills
Ability to manage multiple priorities under time pressure
Ability to work with people at all levels
Exposure to local SAFE regulations and banking practices preferred
Some exposure in financial instruments, financial calculations and foreign exchange preferred
- Some accounting knowledge would be an advantage.
Candidates successful in this role could progress to become Senior Trade Management Analyst
Job Trade Execution
Primary Location China-Shanghai
Job Type Internship
Shift Day Job
Req ID: SHA00812